Visiting your property
From time to time, we will need to visit your property to read your meter, to inspect its condition to make sure that it remains safe to use and to carry out any other work that you request. We have set out below some of the steps that we have taken to make this as straightforward as possible.
- Any representative of Better Energy who visits your property will be courteous and helpful at all times. We welcome feedback, particularly if you feel that our representative has not met the standards set out here.
- Our representative will be trained to carry out the work for which we have sent them. If we sub-contract these services, we only use reputable providers and we make sure that appropriate training is provided to their staff.
- Our representatives all carry identity cards and should present them on arrival, together with any password that you have requested us to use. If you have any doubt as to the validity of the card or visit, you can call us to check that they are legitimate. If, for whatever reason, you prefer the representative not to enter your property, please simply ask them to leave.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our representatives are fit and proper persons, through our recruitment, operational and sub-contracting processes.
- Our representative will be able to provide you with a contact point for any help and advice that you may require in relation to your gas supply.